How to Replace a Broken Laptop LCD Screen Yourself - Sommy Increase' Blog

TRENDING!!!

Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Sunday 5 November 2017

How to Replace a Broken Laptop LCD Screen Yourself



Computers are pretty reliable, but occasionally things do go wrong with them that need to be fixed. Repairing computers is actually pretty easy. There are not many components inside your computer, and the ones that are there are pretty easy to fix. Here is a look at a repair I made on my own personal computer.



Don't be afraid to DIY

A short while ago the LCD screen on my laptop stopped working. I knew that the cheapest repair center would charge $50 to replace it. After looking at the laptop to see how it was assembled, I decided to tackle the problem head on.

I grabbed my computer repair kit, a plastic tray (think fishing tackle box) for the screws, and a anti-static wrist band, so that I could make sure I was grounded before touching any internal components. Before I started any work I made sure that I had removed the battery.


The internet is your friend

I have been working with computers for years, but I always look online to see if there are any resources available to me. YouTube is a great place to look for videos of repairs on your model of computer, and chances are that you will find videos that relate to your computer. 

After finding a video that detailed the exact repair I was going to make, I started removing the 4 rubber grommets, and 4 screws that held the case around the screen. The great thing with laptops is that they are pretty similar when it comes to how the screen is assembled.

Once the screws were out, and they have been placed in the tray, the next step was to gently pry the plastic bezel off. This can be tricky, so.just take your time. Using a small screwdriver, gently run the flat edge of the screwdriver around the edge of the bezel. You will soon pop the latches that hold it in place.

Take your time, save your money

With the bezel removed I could see that there really was not much to it. There were two cables attached to the back of the screen. One came from the video card, (located in the body of the laptop), and one came from the inverter that supplies power. There were also two more screws holding the screen into a bracket.

After removing the screws, I laid the screen on the keyboard so that I could remove the cables. The cables just pull out. When doing this be careful not to apply to much force as the connectors are fragile. Use a pair of needle nose pliers from your kit to help you when doing this. With the cables and screws tout, the screen was free to be removed.

Putting the new screen back was just as easy. I laid the screen on the keyboard and then gently pushed the cables back into their sockets. Using one of the small screwdrivers from my repair kit, I screwed the screen back into its bracket.

When the screen was in the bracket, I made sure the screen was sitting flush with the case, and that no cables were being pinched. The last step was to place the bezel back around the screen. Just like when I took it off, I was gentle when popping the bezels latches back together. The final four screws that held the bezel together went in, I replaced the battery, and powered up the laptop. The screen was working perfectly.

Anyone can repair a computer. Use the internet to find valuable resources to help you with your repair, buy a good repair kit like the one I used and just take your time. One or two hours of your time can help you save a lot of money. Whether you replace the broken LCD screen yourself or hire someone, you should proceed with proper guidance. Bestprogramminglaptop is the best source to do research for laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Pages