POLITICS : THE PHANTASMAGORIC STATE OF THE NIGERIAN CHURCH | Sommy Increase' Blog - Sommy Increase' Blog

TRENDING!!!

Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Sunday 11 February 2018

POLITICS : THE PHANTASMAGORIC STATE OF THE NIGERIAN CHURCH | Sommy Increase' Blog

Image result for hd images of nigerian christians


Fellow Nigerians, Permit me once again to write on this issue that has been troubling my inner man. Recently, the internet has been flooded with messages purportedly sent by the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) "Compelling" Christians to Pray for the Nation concerning the recent happenings and the hideous "Islamization agenda". More interesting was the fact that I went to church on Sunday only to experience a never-ending litany of prayers against the menace of Fulani herdsmen, while others were busy praying (Kabashing), I was busy thinking why We must drag God into every matter in the name of Prayer (hmmmm, guess I was insane right?  But nope I was psychologically healthy and sane)

First,  inasmuch as I am not trying to be irreligious, I humbly wish to appeal to the conscience of every Religious Jingoist and fanatics that will soon castigate me for daring to speak against the Church to hear me out. Fellow Christians or better still, fellow Brethens It might interest us to know that Christians are the major cause of the dilemma We are facing today. Let me categorically state that Nigeria is a contraption built on religious sentiment, but while the Muslims are busy seeking aggrandizement by actively involving in Politics, my dear Spirit-filled Church brethen has demonized politics in the name of Holiness.
During the Anambra State Gubernatorial election, I witnessed a heartbreaking and mind-blowing scenario that got me discombobulated and perplexed, where a Church holistically and vehemently refused INEC officers entrance into the Church to carry out sensitization campaign against the forthcoming election then, on the ground that the Church is not a place for politics and Christians are not to be involved in politics. What a misleading and obnoxious dogma.
It is not true that the Nigerian church has not been praying but It is very true that the Nigerian church has done nothing towards ameliorating the plight of Christians orchestrated by politics.



If only Christian Association of Nigeria(CAN), will encourage Christians to be actively involved in politics,
If Only the Church will stop demonizing Politicians,
If only the Church will encourage Christians to Register and Vote for the right Person rather than waiting for the wrong Person to emerge, then call for a Prayer Convocation to pray the Person out of office(lolz).
Believe It or not, except Christians rise up politically, I may not guarantee the place of Christianity in Nigeria in the next few decades.
When was the last time Christians organized a Nationwide Protest Led by the likes of CAN President, PFN President, Daddy Adeboye, Oyedepo, Apostle Suleiman and the rest, against the killing of Christians in Nigeria?  Rather Christians will only design a wallpaper and say "PRAY FOR BENUE", "PRAY 4 SOUTHERN KADUNA".

When will the Church rise above this act of religious chauvinism and stand up for what is right, without fear or favour?  Just imagine the whole Christians in Nigeria Protesting against the killing of Christians, don't you think that no matter how stiff-necked the Federal Government can be, It must get jittery and respond accordingly? 

Until we have more Christians that can earnestly Contend for the faith (JUDE 1 VS 3), in Government, Christians will remain punching bags in Nigeria, and not even prayers will save Us. 

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

Post Bottom Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Pages